Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Yields: 6 people
1 tablespoon coconut oil
6 slices of bread
2 cups of washed spinach (packed tight)
5 eggs, beaten well
1/2 block silken tofu
1 teaspoon salt
Prepare the night before:
1. Melt the coconut oil in a 9×13” baking dish.
2. Tear bread in pieces and toss with melted oil.
3. Sprinkle spinach over bread.
4. In a large bowl beat the eggs and combine with silken tofu and salt.
5. Pour mixture over bread and spinach.
6. Cover and place in fridge overnight.
In the morning:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Uncover the casserole and place in oven for 45 minutes.
3. Slice into pieces and serve.
• Pop the casserole in the oven the first thing when you wake up so you have a great breakfast ready after your shower and get dressed for the day!
• The casserole keeps in the fridge for a few days.
• Try adding your favorite dried or fresh herbs into the egg mixture.
• Try sprouted wheat bread.
• Check what veggies you have to use up, chop them up and add to the mixture instead of spinach.